Royal Holloway Landlords

Once registered, you can start advertising property(ies) on this website. You will also have unlimited access to the Controlpad, our latest web based property management software.

Register Register as a Landlord Log In

Please note that Advertising Terms & Conditions apply to any contract to advertise your property and that by completing and submitting your details, it will be deemed that you have read and accepted those conditions.

Pricing for Adverts

We offer the ability to advertise your property directly to over 10,000 students at Royal Holloway through an organisation that they trust. We've developed a range of prices for adverts based on feedback from clients that are aimed to give everyone fair value for money and with adverts running for 12 months from the date they go live, you have plenty of opportunities to impress a potential tenant.


The cost for landlords advertising properties on RHUL Studentpad is as follows:

1 Room £ 65.00
2 Rooms £ 90.00
3 Rooms £ 110.00
4-6 Rooms £ 125.00
7-8 Rooms £ 145.00
9+ Rooms £ 175.00


After uploading your property and advert to our system a member of our team will check everything is ready to go before payment can be made. Once your advert is approved - you'll get an email notification when this happens - you'll be able to login and pay online using the fees button on the left hand side of the ControlPad dashboard.

Letting Agents and Private Halls

To enquire about our exclusive pricing packages for Letting Agents and Private Halls, wishing to advertise multiple properties on RHUL Studentpad, please email:

Quality Standards Framework

Part of the driving force behind RHUL Studentpad is a desire to ensure students at Royal Holloway have access to high quality accommodation during their studies.

As part of this, we've introduced our Quality Standards Framework which sets out a series of minimum requirements a property needs to meet in order to be advertised through the service.

Our Minimum Standards
  • Valid HMO Certificate, if applicable
  • Valid Gas Safety Certificate
  • Valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
  • Valid Electrical Certificate
  • Provide tenants with a copy of the Government's How to Rent Guide
  • Be a registered member of a Deposit Protection Scheme (TDS, DPS or My Deposits)
  • Provide tenants with a copy of your Assured Shorthold Tenancy or Lodgers Agreement
  • If an agency, provide evidence that they are registered members of a Property Redress Scheme (The Property Ombudsman, The Redress Scheme or The Ombudsman Service)
Licencing Requirement For Larger Properties

If you are renting a house with five bedrooms or more to students your house is legally classed as a large House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) and has to be licensed by the council. This means the landlord has to pay a fee, provide energy safety certificates and have the property inspected by the council. Previously, this was only the case with five bedroom houses that had more than two floors, but it has now been extended to all shared properties with over five bedrooms (except for family households). The law change also means that some properties above shops will also have to be licensed if they are housing more than five people.